2 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups full-fat sour cream
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 cups cooked, mashed, peeled sweet potatoes, cooled (about 2 large or 3 medium)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and set aside. Combine the cornmeal and the sugar in a large bowl, then sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs just to break them up. Add the sour cream, vanilla and melted butter and whisk gently until the mixture is uniformly creamy and thick. Stir in the mashed sweet potatoes until thoroughly blended. Add the sweet potato mixture to the cornmeal mixture all at once and stir with a wooden spoon just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared loaf pans and smooth the tops.
3. Bake loaves in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the loaves are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of each loaf comes out clean. Transfer pans to a rack and cool for 10 minutes, then turn the loaves out of the pans and set right-side up on the racks to cool completely before slicign or wrapping. Store the looaves, welll wrapped at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Brandon, FL – Tickets for The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce’s 25th annual Brandon Business Expo & “Taste of Brandon™” are now available! Stop by the Chamber’s offices at 330 Pauls Drive, Brandon to purchase yours prior to the May 16 event. Advance tickets are just $10!
The event takes place from 3:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., in the Special Events Center at the Florida State Fair Grounds, located at Hwy. 301 and Interstate-4.
The event has a trade-show setting and annual “Taste-off” competition. Attracting new participants each year, the 2013 Brandon Business Expo & “Taste of Brandon™” is sure to be bigger and better than ever. Join more than 200 exhibitors in showcasing all that your business has to offer. Business industries of all types are welcomed and encouraged to exhibit.
Returning co-title sponsors for the event are Ed Morse Cadillac of Brandon and Brandon Automall FIAT. Contributing sponsors include Florida Hospital/The Wound Healing Institute-Brandon, Florida State Fair Authority, Grow Financial Federal Credit Union, MetroPCS, Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Electric Company, Triton Care, Inc. and WorldPay Merchant Processing.
Exhibitor space is available now! Product sales are allowed at the Expo. Chamber member booth fees are $225, and Prospective member space is available for $325 (prices increase after May 1).
- 2 (4 1/2-inch, 2 1/4-ounce) plain bagels, sliced in half $
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce $
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken breast $
- 1 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Place bagel halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Spread 2 tablespoons marinara on cut side of each bagel half. Top each half with 1/4 cup chicken, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil bagel halves an additional 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
How do you show your mother just how special she is?
One option is to treat her to a delicious Mother’s Day brunch as a small token of your appreciation. After all, how many great meals has she cooked — or microwaved — for you over the years?
Who’s serving brunch this Mother’s Day? Here’s a sampling:
Title: Sunday Market in Downtown Tampa
Location: 600 North Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602
Link out: Click here
Description: Sunday Market in Downtown Tampa operates every Sunday (except November 25th) on North Franklin Street, between Twiggs and Polk Streets. Sunday Market offers local produce, organic and non-gluten choices, artisan breads and cakes, gourmet cheese, scrumptious desserts, and home-made jams, sauces, spreads. The Market also offers hand-crafted jewelry and accessories, leather goods, adoptable dogs, and original works from local artists. Live music takes place at the Sunday Market’s TECO Entertainment stage. Children’s activities and pet friendly.
Start Date: 2012.10.14
Start Time: 10:00
End Date: 2013.05.26